Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thermomix - an easy way to healthy everyday cooking

I've been a vegetarian since I was 7 years old. Before that, mum used to say I spat out any meat she used to feed me. As a kid, the decision came easily after realising what was put on my plate and the fact that I could never quite stomach the smell. As I grew older, the health and environmental benefits to being a vegetarian enforced my lifelong decision of becoming a compassionate and clean eater.

After becoming a mum, I wanted to give my baby the best start to life with a healthy and natural source of food: breast milk. Apart from the money saving, I knew that my baby would naturally receive all the nutrition and immunity that he needed.

When the time came to introduce solids to bubs, I didn't want to succumb to preserved cereals and foods off the shelves of supermarkets, so it got me thinking about all the foods that my child would would one day be consuming. Everything these days (even salt) seem to consist of food additives and preservatives. In this scary world of convenience, comes allergy, cancers and many other unfortunate illnesses that come with what you feed yourself - it's true, we are what we eat. I've seen living proof how healthy dieting can change your life. So I decided that I would have to learn to make everything the traditional way, before the world of convenience and marketing.

Lots of research and $$ later, I found myself a new owner of the Thermomix. ! 
Yes, there are other cheaper kitchen appliances out there, but this is me - you know me, I've always been good at doing my research and always get the best. So trust me - don't even waste your time or money on anything else.

This new addition to my kitchen has revolutionised the way I shop, cook and manage my time. It has also given me more inspiration and passion to making healthy foods... I can't wait to share this wonderful machine to everyone else.


Since owning the TM, I've become a 1950s housewife in the 21st century!
Although it's a huge investment (~$2K!!), this thing pays itself off. I now make our daily bread, butter, yoghurt, icing/caster sugar, ice cream, jams, chilli pastes, stocks, pastry, noodles, even milk substitutes (soy, almond, oat, cashews) and so many other things WITHOUT the additives and preservatives (I will blog recipes to share)! You know exactly what goes into your food and what you are eating.


With a young growing family,  the Thermomix is also a huge time saver in the kitchen as it does everything in shortened time and because it can stir itself, I can do the laundry, vacuum, change nappies etc while it cooks. The Thermomix also takes up a small space in my kitchen (replacing up to 10 other kitchen appliances) and uses minimal energy. I once read a review someone wrote on when their house experienced a 'brown out'. The only things that were working in the house were the down-lights and the Thermomix

I'm so excited about experimenting the endless possibilities this machine can bring to my kitchen! There are also so many recipes out there that other TM bloggers share, so once adapting them to my own vegetarian and pungent free diet, I will share them and my own recipes here. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment