Friday, April 12, 2013

Buttermilk rolls

I remember back in my thrifty school days, I used to buy some buttermilk rolls at the Asian bakery near my train station before going to school. Not the most healthiest alternative as breakfast and lunch, but it was certainly cheap and delish! I always make these after making my own fresh butter. It tastes just as delicious and you can even throw sultanas in them if you like! I love making these, the kitchen always smells so good when a batch is in the oven :)

Ingredients
  • 2 tsp dry yeast
  • 55g water
  • 70g sugar
  • 55g butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 220g buttermilk 
  • 1 egg
  • 680g bakers flour
  • Melted butter to brush rolls


Method
  1. Place yeast, water, sugar, butter, salt and milk into TM bowl and warm for 2 minutes at 37ºC on speed 2.
  2. Add egg and flour and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6.
  3. With dial set to closed lid position, knead for 2 minutes on Interval speed.
  4. Turn out onto floured ThermoMat and bring dough together into tight ball. Wrap and prove until doubled.
  5. Form into rolls and place on paper lined tray. Brush with melted butter and allow to double again before baking on bread baking setting, in 200ºC oven until lightly golden (approx 15 minutes).


This is what happens when bubs nappy explodes.
A little too long in the oven, but the taste is divine!
So YUMMY!!


Before going into the oven
I added sultanas to this batch




No comments:

Post a Comment