Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mango and coconut Ice Cream


Organic sorbet/icecream is so expensive in Sydney :(!! I don't even bother buying them anymore as it's so easy and incredibly cheap to make yourself. It's so easy and healthy it's not even funny!! Best thing is, I know exactly what I'm feeding my family and it can be whipped up at any time as I always have these ingredients at home. It can even be made before you've even had time to put your shoes on and back out the car! 
Best thing is that both my babies can eat it as I can control the amount of sugar (zero) that goes in. It's also versatile. So freeze any suspicious looking fruits and they can be used anytime. You can just do a mix of pure frozen fruits too. Play around! My boys will always happily eat any type of frozen fruity goodness :)

Mangoes are in season so I've been nicking some from my parents neighbour :p this is a regular one that I do at home as mango and coconut are a match made in heaven. Doing it this way also means I don't need to use any milk (my baby isn't 1 yet :p) and I don't need ice. Try this if you haven't already!!


Ingredients
  • 350g frozen mango flesh 
  • 1 frozen banana, halved (optional)
  • 100g coconut cream or milk

Method
  1. Place everything into TM bowl and blend for 1 min/speed 9. Use the spatula to help move the ingredients around evenly. 
  2. That's it. Voila! Serve immediately. Don't be afraid to experiment with various fruts or nuts next time :)!




No comments:

Post a Comment