Friday, April 12, 2013

Banana bread

My hubby is a huge fan of banana bread and constantly asks me to make it. I'm still experimenting with recipes in the TM, but this one is  pretty legit...

Ingredients
  • 80g sugar (I use raw/brown sugar)
  • 120g butter (room temp)
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp buttermilk (or milk)
  • 180 Self raising flour
  • Optional: cinnamon and walnuts
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180°C
  2. Mix sugar and butter for 20 seconds, speed 5
  3. Add bananas and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5
  4. Add remaining ingredients for 20 seconds, speed 4
  5. Optional: I also like to throw in a handful of walnuts in the batter for some crunch
  6. Pour into a (greased or lined) bread tin and bake. Ready when the skewer comes out clean
If you have lots of ripe bananas, you can cut some up and top them on your banana bread along with walnuts





No comments:

Post a Comment