Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stuffed Olive Bread

I love olives! Funny thing is I never had a taste for them until I went to Spain. A friend bought me some and I found myself falling in love with them. I always have some in my fridge and use them in salads, pasta and yes, bread. One things for sure, you won't be making this once.

Ingredients
  • 500g bakers flour (or a mix of wholemeal)
  • 15g fresh yeast or 1.5tsp dry yeast
  • 180g tepid water
  • 1 pinch sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 tbs or 15g olive oil
  • 2 tbsp almonds
  • 165g kalamata olives (pitted)
  • 1 bunch fresh parsley
  • 165g shredded cheese
Methods
  1. Add yeast, water, one egg, flour, oil and mix for 5 sec/speed 7
  2. Knead for 2 minutes and wrap with TM mat. Set aside to let it rise
  3. In the TM, mince the olives, parsley, almonds and cheese
  4. When dough has risen, divide in two and roll out each piece into a 40x40cm sheet at least 2cm thick
  5. Spread 1/2 the olive mix over each piece of dough, then roll each into a tight loaf
  6. Line baking trays with baking paper. Slice each loaf and place on the baking tray, then lightly press wih the palm of your hand
  7. Beat egg and brush over each slice. Let it rise again (if you cant wait, just proceed to next step)
  8. Bake at 200C for 25-30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment