Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby Bathing and Grooming equipment


As new expecting parents, we often get excited when buying baby products and equipment.
In this, DH and I have made several hit and misses. Here are some I wanted to share in regards to bathing and grooming:


This manicure set can be obtained cheaply at bargain stores. You can pay more for a branded one but I found that this worked brilliantly!! After my baby was born, I was so scared that I'd nip his finger whilst cutting his nails but I really wanted to cut his nails as they always seemed to scratch himself or me.
After successfully cutting Isaac's nails with the mini scissors, I now cut them every few days (they just grow so fast!!)









Bath tubs
DH and I originally bought the InfaSecure bath and change stand (left) believing that it'll make our lives easier when bathing bubs. Although the concept was good, it was actually not so great in practice. Although the storage compartments and wheels came in handy, it was difficult to fill and slow to drain. In the end, we set up a bath station in our sunroom and used a TT bath tub (right). Though it is heavy to carry when it is filled, it is easier to move around and faster to fill and empty.










Bath Supports
If you're having your first baby, it can be quite nerve wracking when it comes to bathing your newborn.
Terri Bath Support - DH and I had no experience washing a newborn so purchased the 'terri bath support' (left) which we used in Isaac's first few weeks. It was great the first few times as he seemed comfy in there and we didn't have to worry about hurting him. We did find it annoying to dry after each wash and it ended up having this constant 'wet smell' since we bathed Isaac everyday. We ended up putting it aside eventually as we became confident in holding and washing the baby.
Bath aid - We recently went to a friends house and saw that they were using a different sort of bath aid (center). Although I now prefer washing Isaac by just holding him, I would've bought the bath aid my friend was using if I were to do it all again. It seemed more hygienic and easier to dry/clean.
Neck floaties - I saw these on YouTube recently (bottom). Some hospitals in Japan uses them to bathe babies and I absolutely had to buy one (of course). So I ordered them a few days ago online... I will make an assessment once we receive and use them.




No comments:

Post a Comment