Thursday, May 9, 2013

Noodles

I've always been a noodle fan. I love having noodles in soup, with salad, with sauce or simply stir fried. Although we eat it regularly in this house, we rarely buy the dried packets of noodles. Sure, we keep a few at home for 'rainy days' but try not to resort to them too often. It's disturbing to eat something that's been made months (or years?) ago in another country and unknown environmental conditions. 
Normally, I buy the fresh noodles that are located in the grocery store's fridge - they're usually made locally and they just taste better (not to mention fresher)!

Recently, I purchased a new pasta machine - Marcato Atlas 150 Wellness:


The first thing I wanted to make with it was my beloved noodles. This machine really is the rolls royce of pasta machines! I bought the manual roller and it was so very smooth and simple to use! Noodles were made quickly with just 2 ingredients - flour and water.
I can really imagine the kids having a kick making noodles/pasta with me in years time... although the mess would be... I'll try not to think about it.

Anyway, combined with my trusty thermomix, I had noodles in minutes :) fresh noodles cook faster too! Only a few minutes :)

 


Ingredients

  • approx 600g flour (plus extra for rolling and noodling)
  • approx 300g water

Method

  1. All ingredients in the TM
  2. Mix 5-10 sec/sp7
  3. Knead 3 min
  4. Roll out on a floured surface, flouring the dough and pasta machine. Run dough through the pasta machine at desired shape and thickness
  5. Cook in batches in boiling water for a few minutes - eat them fresh! YUM
If you don't have a thermomix, you can mix it in a breadmaker or by hand


No comments:

Post a Comment