Thursday, May 9, 2013

Banana and Carrot cake

After a day of making a big batch of frozen dumplings the other day, I had no space in my freezer to keep my overripe bananas. The solution was simple, with a few more key ingredients, I could add my hubby's snack to the cake stand... that'll last him a few days... 





You don't need a thermomix for this recipe (obviously), but because I had one, I made this using one - so my recipe will also reflect the steps I took. 

Ingredients
  • 175g carrots, washed
  • 3 medium eggs
  • 175g raw sugar
  • 175g plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 ripe medium bananas
  • 175g sunflower oil
  • 175g walnuts

Method
  1. Preheat oven 170C
  2. Throw carrots (cut roughly) in the TM to grate for a few seconds
  3. Throw in all the recipes (except the walnuts) and blend 30sec/sp4-5
  4. Mix the walnuts in gently 
  5. Place mixture into a lined/greased cake tin
  6. Bake until skewer comes out clean from the centre - I didn't time how long (1hr?) oops :p

No comments:

Post a Comment