Thursday, May 2, 2013

Almond Meal

I love using almond meals in my friands, tarts, and cakes. I often use them in replacement of flour as it has such a beautiful taste, gluten-free and is easier on the stomach. 
Prior to owning the thermomix, I used to buy almond meal from the supermarkets. The last time I bought a packet, it cost me $8ish o.0!! That is OUTRAGEOUS... considering how easy and cheap it is to make it. You only need water and almonds plus 5 mins grinding time.
Never will I be buying almond meal again...

Ingredients
  • Almonds (see below for variations)
  • Water* (optional)

Method
  1. Blanch almonds in water* (optional) and depending on your recipe, you can remove the skins - this gives it a finer texture (eg. when making macarons).
  2. Throw them into the thermomix and grind 10 sec/sp10 or until fine - depending on amount of almonds used
Yep. It's that simple!
*I have on many occasions  just thrown in the almonds and grinded them without blanching them first - they still turn out fantastic :)

For Variations - You can also replace almonds with hazelnuts or pistachios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment