Monday, May 13, 2013

Avocado and Lime cheesecake


Avocados are so delicious. I can have them in everything! On bread, in salads, cakes, shakes, you name it! Recently, it has become a fruit that lies close to my heart as I have decided that it will be the first food I will be introducing to my baby.
So for my first ever mothers day as a mum, I wanted to make something different with this super nutritional fruit and share it with the mums - Happy Mother's Day!


 




A creamy and delicious Avocado Lime Tart.

Ingredients
  • 3-4 avocados, flesh (best type: haas)
  • 220g cream cheese
  • 1 can fat free condensed milk
  • 2 limes
  • pinch of salt
  • Macadamias (optional)
  • Whipped cream (optional)

Method
  1. Have your (cool) tart crust ready. For this recipe, I used an almond pastry. You can use any dessert pastry.
  2. Blend all ingredients (except for macadamias and whipped cream) until smooth
  3. Pour the filling into the prepared tart, gladwrap and freeze for 3 hours
  4. Decorate with whipped cream and macadamias
I made about 3 mini tarts and 1 big tart. You can reduce the amount of avocados and limes if you want to make a smaller amount. Next time, I'd like to attempt substituting the cream cheese with tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment