Thursday, May 2, 2013

Anzac biscuits

Time just flies with a baby! It's so amazing how quickly bubs grows and how happy he makes us :) Isaac turned 5 months around Anzac Day this year and since he was so well behaved, I had time to make some patriotic snacks. 
Now I've never been a fan of Anzac biccies - especially the ones bought from supermarkets... Yuck! too hard and just bleh... I found a recipe on the TM forum and thought to try a chewier version... yum! I didn't like getting my hands sticky but as my sister was babysitting, I didn't have to worry about carrying bubs with dirty hands :p



Ingredients
  • 120g butter
  • 40g syrup
  • 2 tbs water
  • 1 tsp bicarb soda
  • 90g rolled oats
  • 120g sugar or to taste (I used way less)
  • 120g plain flour
  • 50g desiccated coconut

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 160C
  2. Add butter, syrup and water to TM. Mix 2 min/70deg/sp2 until fully melted
  3. Add bicarb soda and mix 5 sec/sp3
  4. Add remaining ingredients and mix 1 min/interval speed
  5. Roll teaspoonfuls into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Press lightly with back of spoon, allowing room for spreading
  6. Bake until golden brown (10-15 min) - if you want more crunch, bake for longer (keep in mind that they harden up once cooled)
  7. Leave to cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack

No comments:

Post a Comment