Thursday, May 2, 2013

I LOVE DUMPLINGS!!

Dumplings are the Chen's best friend :p

Ever since I was kid, dumplings were always a favourite! 
Luckily I married someone who loves dumplings just as much because we have this ALL the time. This week, I counted 3 times.
Growing up, I remember mum used to make them with store bought skins. She would also buy packaged frozen dumplings and keep them in the freezer for 'a rainy day'.
My hubby grew up with his mum making the skin and filling herself - even selling them to the shops. So he expected no less from his wife (he hates packaged products - and so do I).

I now make these often and they're different everytime. I use whatever I have in the fridge and pantry - the most important aspect of the dumpling is having a perfect consistency of the skin. Or so it is with my hubby anyway, that's how he judges a perfect dumpling. 
I was lucky to come up with a recipe for a batch using the thermomix. You can find my recipe here.

Normally I make about 3 batches and keep them in the freezer. I can't say how long they last for because we go through them so quickly :p It's so easy that even DH will make it for himeself when he gets hungry at night. You just pull them out from the freezer and throw them straight into a pot of boiling water. These are perfect for us after a long day out or coming home after a long night of squash. When you're hungry and tired, they are the perfect solution - they're quick, delicious and nutritious :D! 

Dumplings on a bed of wilted spinach
DH made these himself after a late night from work




No comments:

Post a Comment