Friday, April 18, 2014

Slow cooker frittata


This is such an easy and versatile recipe. 
I make this in my Breville 5L flavour maker slowcooker - and it works for me. 
Time and portions may need adjusting if using a different method. 
I also didn't measure any of my ingredients as it was a really 'chop, throw and leave' sorta recipe, so just adjust amount to whatever veggies you use. 

Ingredients
3 white mushrooms, sliced
Sundried tomato strips
Few handfuls of baby kale (you can use whatever greens, like broccoli if you like) - I throw my veggies in raw as I like my veggies crunchy, but you can always blanch/fry them a little before adding
1 carrot, cut/shredded however you like
1 small tub light cottage cheese (you can use feta or omit this if you don't have any in your fridge)
Shredded cheese, to sprinkle on top
7-8 large free-range eggs
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
1. Grease your slowcooker (or line with baking paper like I did - easy to lift out once cooked, and I'm lazy to clean)
2. Throw in your desired veggies and ingredients 
3. Scramble eggs in a mixing bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture in to just cover the ingredients
4. Sprinkle with some shredded cheese on top
5. I cooked this in my 5L Breville Flavour Maker Slowcooker on low for approximately 2hrs? I didn't really keep an eye on the time as I was busy during the day making other food in between caring for the active toddler. But it was thereabouts I think. I probably jacked it up on high for the last bit as hubby was hungry so timing won't be accurate :p

This was a simple, healthy and delicious meal that my 17month old toddler really loves. I make this quite often with whatever veggies are available in the fridge. Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment