Monday, April 7, 2014

Peanut/Sesame sauce noodles with roasted veggies and salad


So the other night, I was feeling lazy and thought I'd make a quick curry for dinner with a simple salad on the side. 

After washing, peeling and cutting the veggies, I threw in the potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes (and broccoli towards the end) in my Tefal Actifry (to 'roast/deep fry' - only 1 tbsp oil and some salt required!). But by the time I cooked my frozen udon noodles, I no longer felt like curry... Ah the moods of a pregnant woman... For some strange reason, I felt like something nutty. Looking at what I already had cooked, I thought to just make a simple sauce to replace a curry one and stir through the noodles. I don't quite remember what I did as I was just running with what I was craving for, but this is what I remember doing.  
I dry pan roasted some peanuts (no oil needed) and then blitzed it up with the Magic Bullet - leaving some parts in bigger/whole sized (hubby and I like crunch and texture). 
Then in a separate bowl, I spooned some peanut butter, sesame paste, sugar, soy sauce, and boiled water. I'm even sure if I added salt. Regardless, just combine until you have a nice consistency and season to your taste. I also added some blitzed roasted peanuts to the mix before stirring it into my noodles. 

I then mixed in some rocket and baby spinach with the noodles topping with the 'roasted veggies'. I had some mushroom in the frying pan with Lurpak butter too so added that in too. Topped with more peanut bits :)... Mmmm... It went something like that anyway. I kinda made it up on the spot and it was delicious :D!! 

Tis really a quick, healthy and simple meal that ticks all the boxes! Ill definitely be making this one again soon... 


No comments:

Post a Comment