Monday, February 2, 2015

Your everyday jumbo loaf/bread




Variations: make scrolls, buns, pizza and rolls!

My boys and I eat bread. Everyday. And nothing beats freshly baked homemade bread. This is a simple and quick one that can be whipped up with the Thermomix in a few minutes. It's a popular recipe I came across on the TM recipe community and it doesn't fail to please. Definitely try this if you're never wanting to buy store bough bread ever again. I make this bread often along with my Tang Zhong breads. We like to mix things up at home :). What breads do you like?


Ingredients 
370g lukewarm water
1.5tsp sugar
2tsp yeast
640g bakers flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp bread improver
20g oil

Method
1. Add all the ingredients in the TM and mix on sp7/7sec
2. Knead for 6min
3. Rest for 15-20mins (either in the TM or the thermomat)
4. Punch down and shape into a jumbo sized (900g) bread tin (or rolls)
5. Prove the dough until it doubles in size. It is ready for baking when you poke the dough firmly and the finger mark pops back out. If the fingerprint remains, you need to prove for longer. Don't overprove the dough or you can end up with a dense loaf. 
6. Bake in preheated 180deg oven for 25mins (less for rolls) or until the outside is golden brown. Tip onto a cooling rack immediately 

Variation tips:
-Add grains or seeds to your loaf
-Make scrolls (pizza, cheesymite, anything)!
- Make buns or rolls
-Can use these as pizza bases too

Note: I know I mentioned in previous post how anti-bread improver I was. That is, until I discovered this:









No comments:

Post a Comment